Well, it’s official. At least in our household. The Christmas Season is here! Yay! The tree is up, Dalton and I made our first Gingerbread house together and Christmas music can be heard anytime we get in the car now. I absolutely love this time of year.
This year we are hoping to continue several family traditions in hopes that the true meaning of Christmas can shine through. This Saturday, we are looking forward to taking Dalton and Addie to our church to have “Breakfast with Santa” and selecting an ornament off the Angel Tree. We did this last year, but didn’t feel Dalton really understood why we were buying gifts for other children. This year I’m hoping that he is able to understand how fortunate we are and that getting to help others is a very special thing. We are also looking forward to being in San Angelo over the holidays and taking the kids to Blake’s childhood church for the Candlelight Christmas Eve service. Last year we attended the service at our church in San Antonio. Dalton loved the candles of course. However, it was a challenge keeping him entertained through the rest of the service. Hopefully this year, the story told with captivate his interest and heart.
Here are a few pictures of our future engineer constructing one of many masterpieces to come.
The walls go up.
Decorating the roof.
It’s all finished and now I can eat the leftovers.
Taking a break from building to play with my baby sister.
No comments:
Post a Comment