Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Weekend in Waco

This past weekend we headed to Waco, Texas so that we could help Leland and Laura celebrate their marriage.  It was a beautiful wedding and as always, a great reason to get together with the family.  Dalton had a great time with Macca, Poc, Uncle Tyler and his cousins that were able to come.  We started out the weekend with the rehearsal on Friday.  I think Addie enjoyed this the most because to keep her entertained, I let her climb up the stairs over and over again at the church.  She can now make it up a  single flight of stairs in less than a minute.  It’s a good thing we installed baby gates at the top and bottom of our stairs when we moved in.  Saturday the kids woke us up early, even though they were up until 11 the night before, and we grabbed some breakfast and headed off to the Waco Cameron Park Zoo.  If you ever find yourself passing through Waco and need to kill a few hours, this zoo is worth visiting.  It’s big enough to keep you entertained, yet small enough that the little ones will not get bored.  As a bonus, the lion put on quite an impressive show for us.  I was pretty sure he wanted to eat me and Blake found it quite amusing to see me squirm as we stood there.

January09-34 January09-44

January09-35

January09-48 January09-50

Saturday evening was the wedding.  I was not able to take any pictures because after the trip to the zoo, I misplaced my camera.  The kids had a grand time.  Dalton danced the night away.  Hopefully someone else was able to get a picture or two and will share them with me.

Oh and in case you were wondering, Addie did stand up all by herself the weekend Blake was out of town.  Unfortunately, she didn’t do it again until we were in the hotel this weekend.  Since she only did it once while he was gone and I wasn’t able to get a picture of it, he is convinced that she never stood while he was away.  I guess she was just waiting to show off her new skill to her daddy.  Here is the proud little girl standing up all by herself.

January09-32 January09-30

As you can see, by next week she’ll be able to climb right out of that thing.  She is so excited that now she can reach even more of her big brother’s toys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree, the Waco Cameron Park Zoo is great. I like it too. Thanks for coming to our wedding. I am so glad you had a nice time. I will keep my eye out for pics of Dalton on the dance floor. The proofs are online at www.bradkingphotography.com. I love Addie's 'new' outfits. She is a doll! Hope to see you all soon.
Laura Lacy