Dalton has been on a kick lately that everything he eats is "spicy." The other night he was eating strawberries and was saying they were too spicy. I asked him if he wanted to learn what spicy was and he said "Sure!"
So...I got a tablespoon from the cabinet and filled it up with Tabasco sauce. He just grabbed it and shoved it in his mouth. It took about half a second for him to jump up from the table screaming that he was on fire! He did a couple of spins around the kitchen and then made a bee-line toward the fridge. I could have sworn he was about to shove his mouth under the water spout on the freezer door. Instead, he missed the fridge and ran straight into the wall. I got him a glass of water and it took him a minute or two but he finally calmed down. I have to say he took it like a little man and never shed a tear.
He's never said anything is spicy since then.
Update: I guess I should specify that Dalton was laughing and having fun during this. He said I was silly.
1 comment:
Classic! Yeah, I thought it was funny when he came to visit our office over Christmas and he said he didn't want a peppermint from my candy jar b/c they are too 'spicy' for him. Glad y'all got him all edge-uh-ma-ca-ted. --Laura
Post a Comment