Thursday, April 11, 2013

In Denial

DSC01518

136….That is the number of days until my baby girl leaves me forever!  Okay, okay….maybe not forever but she will be gone M-F from 7:30 am until 3:00 pm enjoying her very own Kindergarten class.  I worried A LOT the summer before Dalton started Kinder….worried how he would fit it, if he would make friends, if he would be on track with learning since he didn’t go to preschool, if kids would take advantage of his sweet, caring nature.  I don’t have that same sense of worry for Addison.  She is strong, smart, caring and very independent.  She makes friends easily and fits in where ever she seems to go.  The worrying this time around is more about what I will do with my time.  Addie and I have been buddies since the day she was born.  I’ve hardly spent any time away from her and I’m just not quite ready to give her up.  Today, I realized I am in denial over next year.  Addie and I were at Hobby Lobby browsing the Easter clearance.  Naturally, I picked up a set of foam Easter crafts to use for a playdate with Addie and her friends next year.  On the drive home, it hit me…..she won’t be around to do daytime playdates with friends anymore.  So the set of 12 foam Easter crafts really needs to be a set of 24 Easter crafts so that maybe, just maybe her kinder teacher will let this overbearing mom come in and do a craft with her class.

No comments: