Friday, March 20, 2009

Fun in the sun….

It may only be March and the first official day of spring, but the kids were able to enjoy some summertime weather today.  We got out the little blue pool for Dalton so he and a neighbor could swim.  Addie was watching the two boys with such envy, we decided to dig through a box and find the little ring pool someone had recently given us for her.  I’m pretty sure today might have just been the best day of her life thus far.  She was having so much fun splashing in her own little pool, playing with the dog (Rusty has decided he is Addie’s dog) and trying to keep up with the big boys.  I think we may have a second little water bug in the family.

P1010006-1 P1010019-1

Even though Addie looks as if she has been posed for the camera, this happened by pure coincidence.  She is such a little ham.

P1010001-1

What pool is complete without a few rubber duckies?

P1010008

Getting a smooch from the pooch.

P1010012

Rusty keeps pretty close tabs on Addie when she is playing outside.

P1010011

He may still be scarred to death of me and Blake at times, but he sure does love the kids.

P1010016-1

I’m pretty sure if Rusty could talk, he would be saying “Don’t worry, I got your back.”  If that is not a face of protection, I’m not sure what is.

P1010013-1

Dalton and our next door neighbor playing with toys in the pool.

P1010022-1

Having a great time running through the sprinkler.

I’m so glad the bright blue skies are here again.  We are looking forward to spending many hours in the pool this summer.  I’m pretty sure that playing outside will encourage Addie to start walking even sooner (not that we are in any hurry).  As you can see from the pictures, she mastered the spider crawl in just one day after she discovered the brown, crunchy grass is hard on the knees.

No comments: