Somewhere along the way in college I set a personal goal to run a marathon before I was 30. Well, I’m not quite 30 yet but it is fast approaching, so I’ve decided that this is my year. Last year, just 5 months after Addie was born, I ran the Rock N Roll San Antonio Half Marathon. Yes, there was a little bit of back patting going on when I came across that finish line. ;) It was a lot of fun but I trained on my own, ran on my own and finished on my own. An out of town friend of mine was training for her very own first marathon at about the same time but was doing it with this group called Team in Training. I followed her blog, visited her website often, offered encouraging words and a little monetary support (only $10 I think). I was enjoying what I was doing, but she seemed to be LOVING what she was doing. So this year, I decided to look into the group she had trained with, run with and finished with. This past week I attended one of their informational meetings, took the plunge and signed up and am now well on my way to making a difference with my desire to run a marathon and change people’s lives.
Why I am telling you this though? Well, that’s because I need your help. Team in Training is a campaign organized by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. We run because we can and many of our honored teammates can’t. We run to raise money and awareness for research and grants that go directly to the families of people living with blood cancers. My fundraising goal is $2000. That may sound like a lot, but it’s really not. I knew I was going to run the marathon no matter what and figured as long as I was doing it, I might as well do it for a good cause and not let the fundraising goal scare me away. A goal of $2000 is just 200 people giving $10 each. It may not sound like a lot from one individual, but it all adds up. No gift is too small. Remember I only donated $10 to my friends cause.
Here is the link to my website:
http://pages.teamintraining.org/stx/rnrsa09/clacyh
You can go there to make a secure, online donation and follow my Fundraising/Training Blog. If you would rather make a donation by mail, send me an email with your address and I can send you the donation information through the mail. Email me if you would like any more information and I’d love to answer any questions. Feel free to email my fundraising page out to anyone you know who may also want to get involved and support me on this journey. Thanks so much!
Crystal
No comments:
Post a Comment