Today, while Addie was napping, I was trying to get some much needed ironing done. She woke up and I only had a few pieces left to do, so I left her in her crib while I finished up. It took a little longer than I had planned, so she was starting to get pretty fussy. All of the sudden, I heard laughter coming over the monitor. Being that she had just been fussing, I peeked around the corner to find out what was going on.
This is what I found:
Oh, sure, you might be thinking: “What a sweet, nice, caring big brother,” like I was when I first saw this. That is until I ran back to get the camera, thinking I hadn’t been spotted so I could capture this priceless moment. When I returned, Dalton was sitting innocently on the rocker, no bubbles in sight. So I thought, “Was I mistaken? Did I not see bubbles just a few seconds ago?” When I asked him, he assured me he had not been blowing bubbles. Thinking that my child is pretty honest, I figured I must have imagined the bubbles. I went to leave the room to finish up the ironing, when he ran to the door to rescue the OPEN bubble jar from behind the door. Needless to say, I talked to him about telling the truth and then let him blow bubbles for a few more minutes to keep Addie entertained while I finished up in the other room. Well, and then after that I need the picture to go along with the story. I guess we’ve never really talked to him about blowing bubbles in the house and just figured it was always understood that it was an outside toy. Only four and too smart for his own good!
No comments:
Post a Comment