Saturday, August 22, 2009

Superman!!

Who thought a pair of pj’s could be so much fun?  A friend recently passed down some Superman pj’s for Dalton.  They are longed sleeved, but he really wanted to put them on tonight, so we let him.  I noticed they had pieces of velcro on the shoulders which could only mean that at one time there must have been a cape.  I dug through my scrap material box, found a piece of red fabric, some velcro and some safety pins to pin it all together until we can officially sew the velcro on the cape.  Needless to say, Dalton thought it was pretty cool.  Here is our little superhero in action.

P1010001-1 P1010002-1

Posing with his brand new cape.

P1010012

Showing off his amazing strength with “The Plank”.

P1010006-1 P1010009

Attacking the dreaded raccoon.

P1010003 P1010004-1

He even has X-ray vision (or so our camera makes it seem).  Of course Addie wasn’t far behind copying his every move.

P1010014

I don’t know that I’ve seen a prouder little boy lately.  He even asked if he could wear his pj’s with his cape for Halloween.  I managed to talk him out of it though since I’ve made all but one of his Halloween costumes so far.  He mentioned earlier this year he wanted to be an octopus for Halloween.  I’m hoping that is still a winner when it comes time to make the costumes.  Dalton as an octopus, Addie as a starfish…….oh the picture possibilities!  :)

No comments: