Sunday, December 06, 2009

Marathon

DSCF6062Wow I can’t believe how late I am writing this.  Nobody tell Crystal that I am just now putting this up here!  She successfully ran the Rock N Roll Marathon here in San Antonio on November 15th.  That’s 26.2 miles!  It got pretty warm by the end of the day and the humidity felt more like Houston, but she did really well.  The kids and I went to the Alamo (2 miles in) and waited for all the runners to come. 

DSCF6084

DSCF6094After that we went to a couple of other spots along the course hoping to see Crystal run by.  Dalton was very supportive of all the runners. 

Addie tried to be but she was tuckered out.  DSCF6097

Crystal finished very strong and said she had enough energy to keep going.  You can tell by the smile on her face she felt pretty good.

DSCF6109

Now that she has reached her goal of running a marathon, she’s broadening her horizons.  She has signed up for a triathlon in May.  (I’m pretty sure she’s going to run the San Antonio marathon again next year too.) 

A BIG special thanks to everyone who helped her fundraise!  Couldn’t have done it without you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job Crystal. Congrats! I realized that I need to get off my butt and so something so Kent and I are running the White Rock (half) marathon in Dallas next December. You have motivated me!