One day last week the kids and I packed up and headed out to the zoo. The weather was just too nice to stay inside and I figured it would be a while before we could get back due to the next few weeks of spring break and how busy everyone claims the zoo becomes. They have been working to renovate the zoo since before we moved to San Antonio, so each time we go, it seems like something new awaits us. This weeks new addition was a black leopard.
Dalton liked his green eyes.
The real leopard is in the background of the picture. We had to take this picture on the way out because of how many kids were hanging around the window when we first got there that morning. Apparently we happened to go on field trip day. Dalton didn’t seem to mind though. He thought all the kids were there so he could have friends to enjoy the animals with.
This week we also discovered a new bridge. The zoo is easy to get “lost” in, so each time we go we feel like we discover new things. Dalton wasn’t quite sure of the bridge at the start, be he kept with it and managed to get all the way across and back.
Here he is studying the bridge with great attention to detail. You can’t tell from the pictures, but water is running in between each stone and there are alligators on each side. Of course the alligators can’t get to the bridge, but Dalton still wasn’t convinced.
Carefully calculating each step and then proudly waving from the other side. It only took him about ten minutes to cross, but he kept with it.
We make sure to visit the grizzly bear every time we go to the zoo. This guy always puts on a great show for everyone around. He’s probably my favorite at the zoo. Aside from the claws, I’m pretty sure he’s just a big cuddly teddy bear. One of these days he’s going to wave back.
1 comment:
I want to go to the Zoo! I don't know if I'd be brave enough to cross the alligator bridge like Dalton though.
~Daddy
Post a Comment