Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Artworks Fundraiser

A few weeks ago, the owner of Artworks (an art studio for children on up) was kind enough to host a fundraiser for me to help raise funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  She set up about a dozen art stations around the studio for the kids to enjoy.  We had about 14 kids show up, which was just the perfect number.  Dalton always loves this little studio, but it was Clayton’s first time to get to go with us.  I’m pretty sure he had a great time making some of the projects on his own, but I think he enjoyed getting to kinda be the “boss” and helping the smaller ones out too.

June-127 Clayton making his dad a Father’s Day card.

June-124

This is by far Dalton’s favorite station.  There were lots of things to do, but Dalton spent most of his time here.  It’s just an old salad spinner with a small paper plate in the bottom.  The kids use eye droppers to drop a few drops of each of the primary colors on the plate, put the lid on, give it a few spins and then like magic, you have a plate filled with a rainbow of colors. 

June-125 These are the neighbor’s and their kids enjoying the art projects.

I am still fundraising for LLS, so if you would still like to make a donation, here is my website:

http://pages.teamintraining.org/stx/rnrsa09/clacyh

I am just over 75% of my goal.  I am hoping to be to 100% by the first of August.  Thanks to everyone that has helped out so far.

No comments: