Monday, April 12, 2010

FFA

(Future Famers of America)

The kids and I have been hard at work getting our seedlings planted for what we hope is a wonderful garden this season.  The guys who are installing our sprinkler system were working in the yard, so that meant we had to plant our seeds at the kitchen table.  Despite the fact that dirt and water were involved, we managed to keep the mud at a minimum.  Why is it that the projects that are always the most fun are always the messiest….paint, markers, play-dough, and anything involving dirt? 

100_0528 Just getting started.

100_0531 Adding some dirt.

100_0533 Time for the seeds.

100_0535 Just a few drops of water.

100_0530

Almost finished!

100_0536 All done.  Now it’s time to play in the dirt!

100_0532 Look at those messy hands!

100_0538 The fruits and veggies!

100_0539 The flowers!

I don’t have the greenest thumb in the world, but we’ll keep you posted as to how our crops do this year.  Never the less, I’m sure the kids and I will have many hours of dirt digging fun in our future.

No comments: