Addie and I have started a new Thursday Night Tradition (you can call it a tradition when it’s happened two weeks in a row right?!?). The boys head off to karate, so Addie and I head into the kitchen to “bake” up some breakfast treats for the upcoming week. Last week we made about 4 dozen muffins, this week a double batch of waffles. The kids really seem to enjoy having something more than cereal or poptarts from a box for breakfast and it gives Addie and I a chance to spend some quality time together. For whatever reason I can’t seem to make myself sit down and “play” with the kids when we are at home. My to-do lists always seem to be a mile long. So instead of feeling guilty that I never “play” with Addie on our days off, we’ve started making a game of all the household chores I do during the week. Sometimes the bathrooms aren’t always as clean as I would like and you might want to think twice before eating one of our “Thursday Night” treats (I’m pretty sure I caught her licking the spoon between scoops a few times during our muffin baking session) but she has fun, we are able to incorporate some academic skills into the mix and more importantly we are cherishing our time together while she is still young.
Every great chef needs to taste test their creations!
No comments:
Post a Comment