This week was Red Ribbon Week at Dalton’s school. Like the great mom that I am, it didn’t even cross my mind to take pictures of him all dressed up each morning this week. Today was the Book Character Costume Parade. We were less than half a mile away before it dawned on me to make sure I had my camera. Luckily, it was tucked away in the bottom of my purse were it usually makes it home. The poor thing gets so abused which is why you’ll notice it is focusing less and less these days. Maybe one day when I start treating my cameras nicer, we’ll buy a new one. Until then, you’ll just have to deal with the somewhat blurry pictures.
I usually make the kid’s Halloween costumes. However, last year he said he wanted to be a skeleton for Halloween this year. I happened to be at Target right after Halloween last year and found a skeleton costume for less than $5 on clearance. It hung in his closet all year. We pulled it out a few weeks back to try it on. It fit. I told him I would make him anything he wanted and that he didn’t have to be the skeleton. I was less than $5 afterall….not a big deal if he didn’t want to wear it. Plus, I was kinda sad I wasn’t able to make him something. I get to make Addie clothes all throughout the year. Halloween is really the only time I get the chance to make him something that wouldn’t end up looking a little girly. But the skeleton won out. Luckily, because of my addiction to Scholastic Book Clubs, we have a book to cover just about every “book character” imaginable. Skeleton Hiccups went into the backpack and Dalton was ready for the parade!
I didn’t let him wear the mask because I felt it was a little too scary for school. Apparently I am a very conservative mom because we had to leave halfway through the parade. Once the big kids started coming by, Addie was getting a little freaked out by some of the costumes. Seriously….who lets their kid were a werewolf costume to school with somewhat real blood covering their shirt?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment