Friday, November 11, 2011

Chosen: Marathon for Adoption

I branched out this year and decided to try a different race in addition to Rock n’ Roll San Antonio.  Everyone knows how beautiful the Texas Hill Country is, so I decided to sign up to do an event that helps to raise money to fund families who are looking to adopt.  The race took place in Gruene just outside of New Braunfels.  We’re never disappointed when we head up there with the family in the evenings or for a few hours on the weekends and this race proved to provide the same experience.  This was only the second year for this marathon and half marathon and I hope it continues for many more.  It is a fabulous run and supports an even better cause.

October 2011-208

They even had personalized bibs for all the runners.  I thought I would have to sign up to do a full ironman to get this kind of treatment.  I guess I can mark Ironman off my bucket list of things to do now.

October 2011-209 October 2011-211

Camping out in the car before the race to stay warm.

October 2011-215 October 2011-216

The kids enjoying some race day activities.

October 2011-217

Waiting at the finish line.

Chosen 1/2 Marathon | 2:14 Finish

Just a few steps away from the finish line. 

October 2011-221

Finished with a time of 2:14.44.  Maybe one day I’ll be able to break the 2 hour time mark for the half.  This Sunday is Rock n’ Roll.  I’m hoping to do the full in 5 hours or less.  I’ll let you know how it goes.

No comments: