Wednesday, May 09, 2012

A.W.A.N.A.

Both kids successfully completed their first year at AWANA’s.  They absolutely loved going each week to play games, recite memory verses and hang out with friends.  I love the fact that they are starting at such a young age to hide God’s word in their hearts.  Once upon a time I was more disciplined about having memory verses for myself and am amazed at how verses I memorized 10+ years ago will pop into my head periodically.  I am confident that the verses the kids learned in AWANA’s this year will do the same for them in the years to come.  Maybe, just maybe, some of the verses I help them memorize will stick with me too!

Addie with her Cubbies Class….

May 2012-038

Addie with her Cubbies Award….

May 2012-046

Dalton with the select few first graders who made it through the Sparks book…

May 2012-048

The kids enjoying some ice cream after the ceremonies…

May 2012-054

Very proud of my little AWANA Cubby and Spark!

No comments: