Blake did a great job of spoiling me rotten this Mother’s Day. He surprised me first thing that morning with a gift certificate to one of my favorite stores. While a gift certificate may not seem like a wonderful gift to some, it’s perfect for me. I hardly spare any expense when it comes to the kids but have a very hard time spending money on myself. So he gave me a gift certificate I was sure to use on only myself. He also made me this cute video card of the kids.
After that, we headed over to Shipleys for a quick, easy and no mess Mother’s Day breakfast then headed to church.
Once church was out, we had planned to go back home and make lunch. However, Drew (our pastor) mentioned Freebirds in his sermon. So, of course once we got in the car, Blake and I (almost simultaneously) recommended Freebirds as our choice for lunch. It’s a automatic favorite being a family of Aggies and all and apparently not many people think of Freebirds for Mother’s Day so we were able to get in and out without a fuse. We also ran into some good friends from church while we were there and had the privilege of sharing lunch with their family.
Since it was a beautiful day out, we decided to use a Groupon for Putt-Putt we had purchased a few months back. It was the first time for both kids (I think). It was a lot of fun and Blake only had to go fishing for balls 3-4 times.
Addie and Daddy taking a few practice swings on the putting green.
Hole number 1….
Photo Op at the Waterfall….
Who put stairs in the middle of the green?
Keeping Score….
Needless to say Blake put us all the shame. Dalton and I stopped counting on each hole after 5 strokes.
It would have been a wonderful Mother’s Day if the fun stopped there, but alas it did not. While we were playing Putt-Putt, we got a tip (thanks Poc) that there were some Blue Lacy puppies for sale in the area. Being the NON-spontaneous family that we are….we decided to give them a call and head out to their farm.
On top of everything else, I got a new puppy for Mother’s Day. Meet Rudder Lacy, the newest member of the family.
Belle loves her new friend…
as well as the kids….
and he seems pretty comfortable with us too!
We ended the evening at home enjoying some yummy grilled chicken kabobs with the family. It was the best Mother’s Day I could have hoped for.
1 comment:
Looks like so much fun! Love the new puppy!
I might have kids if it means I get Freebirds on Mother's day...
Post a Comment