Sunday, May 20, 2012

Broadway Family Fun Day

Each spring, Blake’s bank hosts a family fun day/picnic at one of the many local attractions.  This year, we headed to Fiesta Texas to enjoy the festivities.  We’ve only been a handful of times since moving to San Antonio, but it is by far Dalton’s favorite amusement park in the area.  He loves the speed and thrills of all the rides.  He is tall enough now to ride about half of the bigger rollercoasters and begs to ride them again and again.  Blake and I draw straws to see who gets the “privilege” of riding with him.  Let’s just say, neither of us are as young as we once were!  Addie hasn’t quite warmed up to the bigger rides like Dalton.  Amazingly our little giant is tall enough to ride several though.  We’ve taken her on few but she usually has a look of terror on her face for the first half of the ride.  Most often, I use her as my scapegoat of why I need to stay behind while the boys head off to ride the Rattler again and again.

May 2012-143

Flying the planes….this ride I can handle.

May 2012-147

Addie is having the time of her life….Dalton, not so much!

May 2012-148

Getting ready to ride the Kiddie Koaster with Daddy.  This one she LOVES!

May 2012-151 May 2012-152

The Carousel is probably Addie’s favorite ride at the entire park.  Dalton, being the good big brother he is, took time to ride the “baby” rides with his adoring sister.

May 2012-155

Riding Pandimonium…..note to self:  DO NOT ride this ride when you think you might have a sinus infection.  The spinning motions make you wish your head would just explode.  Luckily the picture was taken before the ride started and I was still smiling.

May 2012-156

Addie and Daddy at the end of Pandimonium.  Addie enjoyed it but as you can tell had a death grip on the lap bar the entire time.

May 2012-157

Driving the cars….before we know it, she’ll turn 16 and do this for real!  Hopefully her driving skills improve a little before then.

May 2012-159

Dalton driving me around….I could get used to this!

May 2012-161

Daddy and Addie getting ready to start the log ride.  She was a little worried about the first hill, so she climbed over in Blake’s lap.

May 2012-162

Dalton and I getting ready to start the log ride.  Somehow I always managed to get soaked on these rides.  This time was no exception!

We had a great day spending time with the family and eating dinner with people from the bank.  We are planning many more outings to Fiesta Texas this year as we decided to upgrade our one day tickets from the bank to season passes.  Dalton is beyond excited!

No comments: