On Sunday, Addie will officially be ten months old. The time has gone by way too fast. She is growing up a little more each and every day. This past Monday she finally got her first tooth. She’s been a trooper though. We didn’t even really know she was finally teething, well except for the chewing on everything (including the cat) and the excessive drool. She’s such a happy baby and loves to laugh. We don’t have many pictures to share from this month because our camera was MIA for about a week. Thankfully we found it hidden safely away in the library bag where I’m sure I put it for safe keeping one day. One thing I’ve learned twice this week: Never trust a three year old when he tells you he looked somewhere for a missing item.
Lesson One:
We misplaced the camera the Thursday after Blake’s birthday. Friday morning we were off to visit a new park and I went looking for it. I asked Dalton to go check the library bag since that was were we went the day before and low and behold he told me it wasn’t there. So a week went by of searching and worrying, until finally the next Wednesday evening when I was packing the books into the library bag, the camera was found.
Lesson Two:
I often pick my nephew up from school which usually means we are hurrying out the door shortly before 2:30 so we won’t be late. The nice thing about the warmer weather is that Dalton can wear his sandals, which he can put on all by himself. I put shoes on him every morning but he somehow never manages to have shoes on when it’s time to go at 2:30. So this particular day, Addie had taken a bit longer nap, I was feeding her a late lunch and asked Dalton to go put his shoes on so we would be ready to go as soon as his sister was finished. I’m usually pretty good about reminding Dalton to put his shoes in his closet, so that’s the first place I asked him to look. He does and claims his shoes are not there. So we commence looking in every other closet around the house in case I picked them up by mistake and put them where they didn’t belong. We searched his room, under the bed, my room, the living room, outside, the bathrooms and any where else that seemed sensible. Everywhere, that is, BUT his closet. Looking at the clock and seeing that we were out of time, I asked him to go get his tennis shoes and socks so that I could help him put them on. What did HE find when he went to go get his tennis shoes out of his CLOSET…..his sandals! He then proceeded to tell me they were upside down on his self, so he didn’t see them. GRRRR!
Since we were short on pictures, I thought you’d enjoy some stories instead. Here are the pictures we did manage to capture once our camera resurfaced.
| |
Dalton and Addie making music together at story time.
All the kids enjoying a story after school.
Our proud little girl getting a little more steady on her feet each and every day. Notice, that she too, dislikes to wear shoes.
Addie enjoying an after school snack with the big boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment