Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Having some cake and eating it too….

Happy Birthday Blake! (…aka Daddy…..aka Dada)

Today, Dalton, Addison and I got up early to have breakfast with Blake before he left for work.  Addie, being the generous baby she is couldn’t let Daddy leave for work without giving him a gift first.  Yeap, just as he was saying his goodbyes and giving kisses, she spit up all over him.  So after a  mad dash up the stairs to change, he was off to work and we were off to work in the kitchen making him a cake.  Normally I like to make somewhat elaborate birthday cakes, but knowing that Dalton wanted to help, we settled on a sheet cake with the word “Daddy” written in icing.  We were going to try for “Happy Birthday Daddy” However,  if you are familiar with a three year olds writing skills, anyone would know there is no way that 18 letters would ever fit on a 9 x 13 sheet cake.

February09-16

Dalton did all the decorating by himself.  Look how proud he is!

February09-19

Someone has already developed a sweet tooth.

February09-20

She gets her table manners from her daddy.

I’m amazed Addie didn’t end up with a tummy ache.  She finished off her modest piece in two seconds flat then proceeded to bang on her tray demanding more.  I’m pretty sure her first cake experience was a success.

No comments: