Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What’s yours is mine…

A Child's Property Laws

  1. If I like it, it's mine.
  2. If it's in my hand, it's mine.
  3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
  4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
  5. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.
  6. If I'm doing or building something, all the pieces are mine.
  7. If it looks just like mine, it is mine.
  8. If I saw it first, it's mine.
  9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
  10. If it's broken, it's yours!

 

Blake and I read this in a book someone gave us when Dalton was born.  We thought it was funny at the time, then a few months later learned just how true it was.  Now that Addie is developing quite a little personality all of her own, she has learned these “Property Laws” too.  Right now she is mostly just claiming her brothers toys, which he willing shares (most of the time).  Although in the past few weeks, she has discovered the joys of “big people food” as Dalton has termed it.  That pop tart in my hand that I was headed to the table with to give Dalton….yes half of it is in her mouth.  That bite of ice cream on Daddy’s spoon headed for his mouth….well let’s just say she has ways of convincing him that she needs a bite too.  Since her discovery of table food, she now has found ways to avoid eating as much baby food as possible.  Did anyone else know  a nine month old was capable of spitting baby food halfway across the dinning table?  Needless to say, we are buying less and less baby food and I am cleaning up more and more messes in the kitchen as she is learning to feed herself.  She is enjoying her independence. 

P1010002

Enjoying some rice, fruit and crackers for dinner!

P1010004

Getting every last bite.

P1010011

Off with the clothes…

P1010012

to enjoy some Jello for dessert!

No comments: