Summer is drawing to a close, so time to pack in a few last minute must do’s. This week the kids and I enjoyed an afternoon at Chuck E. Cheese to spend the last of some birthday party tokens acquired earlier in the summer.
We finished our Summer Bridges workbooks! Yay! Notice the pretty flowers on the table….those were from Blake just because. Yes, I do have the best husband in the world.
We went bowling. I guess I forgot to take a picture of Dalton….poor kid!
And finally, we celebrated Grandma’s 51st birthday with a birthday weekend at our house. Yes, we did put 51 candles on the cake.
On Saturday, we headed down to the Pearl Farmer’s Market. Addie and Dalton enjoyed dancing to a live band, eating some chicken and waffles and picking flowers. Mom’s lifelong friend, Faith, was also able to join us for the weekend.
After the farmer’s market, we hit up Crazy 8 for some tax free shopping and Sprouts to get in on the sale of Blue Bell ice cream. Blake stocked up on one of his seasonal favorites, Southern Blackberry Cobbler.
After a morning of shopping, we went home to drop off the boys so that all the girls could enjoy an afternoon of pampering. Addie got her first mani/pedi. (Thanks Grandma!)
It was a great weekend! We are so glad that we were able to celebrate Mom’s (Grandma’s) 51st Birthday with her this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment