Monday, August 27, 2012

We have a 2nd Grader!!!

The last week of summer vacation we were able to attend Meet the Teacher night at Dalton’s school.  He is still participating in the Dual Language Program and seems to love it.  One of the neat things about the program is that they attract quite a few male elementary teachers.  I’m not sure why, but I kinda like the idea of Dalton having a few male teachers early on.  He has Mr. Cortez this year and I think it is going to be a great fit (for both Dalton and myself).  He seems very organized, stern but soft spoken and appears to enjoy his job.  He claims to welcome parent into the classroom and was very receptive to my request to volunteer.

Here is our 2nd Grader on his first day of school!

100_1167 100_1168

One of these days I won’t be dressed in gym clothes in a picture.  However, that is the wardrobe I seem to wear 90% of the time.

We started a tradition of having ice cream for snack on the first day of school a few years back when I would pick up Clayton.  Dalton wasn’t even in school yet when the tradition started, but it seemed like we should continue it anyway.  We usually got out for ice cream but this year Dalton requested banana splits.  I’ve never been a fan of store bought banana splits, so we made our own at home this year.

Here are my cuties enjoying their big bowls of ice cream.

100_1170 100_1171

We are off to a great start of the 2012-2013 school year and look forward to all the memories that will be made.

No comments: