Thursday, August 09, 2012

Summer Fun: Week 9

This week was a girls only week, during the day at least.  Dalton was invited to take a little mini vacation to Boston with Macca and Poc.  Addie and I didn’t take any pictures since we sent the camera with Dalton, but we had lots of fun hanging out together.  We enjoyed the last week of the Summer Family Movies at the local theater by enjoying both $1 movies, hung out at the gym with some of our favorite friends, went swimming, and tried out a new open gym time at one of the local gymnastic studios.  We missed Dalton, but it sure is fun to have some one-on-one time with the kids every now and again.

Now an update from Dalton about his trip…..

We stayed at the Liberty hotel.  It was really cool because it once was a jail.

100_0919 100_0920

100_0918

We went on a really cool whale watching trip.  We saw at least 15 whales.

100_0921 100_0922
100_0924 100_0950
100_0959 100_0969

Next, we went to the Aquarium.  I liked all the touch tanks.  I got to touch string rays and star fish.  I was too afraid to touch the crabs because I knew that they could snap you.  I didn’t get to touch the sharks either because they stayed under the rocks.

100_0976 100_0980
100_0989 100_0990

Poc had to come and go between meetings, but we caught up with him at the hotel after our trip to the aquarium.

100_0993

I really liked taking pictures behind all the old jail doors at the hotel.  I even found an old jail key to one of the doors hanging up in our room.

100_0994

100_0995

We even got to go to a Boston Red Sox game at Fenway Park.  The best part of the game was when some lady ran out onto the field and all the security guys had to tackle her and put her in handcuffs.  I also talked to the lady sitting beside us throughout the whole game.  Poc called her my new “girlfriend”.

100_0996
100_1005
100_1003

Here is the view from our hotel window.  You can see all the sail boats and even a few duck tour boats in the harbor.

100_1013

Here are a few pictures we took as we were walking around town.

100_1014
100_1015
100_1016

We also went to the IMAX theater.  We watched a 3-D Deep Sea Movie.  I learned that we are taking away more than the sea can offer. 

100_1021

Here I am standing in front of the Duck Tours boat.  We didn’t get to go on it though.

100_1022

We did get to go on a Water Taxi.  It was pretty fun.  We rode on it to go to the No Name Restaurant.  They say it has no name, but it’s name is really No Name.  Can you believe it?  Pretty funny, huh?

100_1030
100_1024

Finally it was time to go home.  It was a fun trip and I’m so glad that Macca and Poc took me with them.

100_1031
100_1033

1 comment:

Laura said...

Looks like a great trip, D-Bear! I am glad you took lots of pictures. I hope the rest of your summer is great, Shark Teeth Boy!!