Remember the Shark Boy post for a few weeks back? Well, the dentist gave his teeth about six weeks to loosen up and fall out and then they would need to be pulled. Unfortunately they never loosened up enough on their own and Dalton had to have them pulled on the third day of school. He did great! He was cool, calm, collected and didn’t shed a single tear. I, on the other hand, was a complete mess. Mostly due to miscommunication at the dentist’s office but had to put my foot down when they tried to usher me out of the room while he was getting the procedure done. Is this normal procedure for most pediatric dentists? There was a three year old little girl in the room across the hallway from us. Her mom didn’t seem to have a problem leaving her in the care of almost complete strangers. I say almost complete strangers because had I left Dalton alone, another dentist would have preformed the procedure. A dentist we had never seen and didn’t even know my child’s name. Needless to say, I’m glad a threw a tiny (okay, maybe large) fit and demanded to stay in the hallway and let them know we were willing to wait until our dentist had time to preform the procedure. Perhaps I am over protective and will be forever labeled as one of those crazy over involved parents…..but I think I can live with that. Hopefully Dalton and Addison can too!
Here is Dalton’s loot from the tooth fairy….2 gold dollar coins. One for each tooth that was pulled.
Jules, our special elf assigned to our family by Santa himself, also paid the kids a little visit the next morning. He brought Dalton a shark book complete with a second shark tooth necklace. Dalton had one shark tooth necklace that Macca brought back as a gift from Hawaii, but Jules thought he could use a second since he did have two shark teeth. Jules also brought Addie a Hello Kitty book and necklace for being so patient at the dentist and for helping to take such good care of her brother that afternoon.
Hopefully the teeth were pulled in time and the adult teeth can now move into their correct position. We are praying that both kids escape braces in the future but the extra teeth leave little to be desired. I guess time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment