Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Summer Fun: Week 8

Apparently the camera was neglected during week 8 of our summer fun.  I’m sure we had lots of fun, but since I’m playing “catch-up” with the blog I don’t really remember what we did that week.

Here are the only two pictures I took during week 8.  I think the first one probably captures a lot of what we did during that week.

100_0915

Belle:  “Seriously, it’s time to get up already?!? Someone turn the lights back off.”

Belle and I have a nice little morning routine.  Basically, since it’s summertime and the kids and I don’t have to get up early, we tend to stay in bed a little later than I would like to admit.  Blake usually lets the dogs out of their kennel.  Belle gets to crawl in bed with me and Rudder gets ushered outside.  He hasn’t quite mastered the “lazy dog snuggle” that Belle has down to an art.  There have been a few mornings that I’ve had to force Belle to get out of bed well after 9 am.  This was one of those mornings.  The kids and I had already been up and about for more than an hour and there she was still snoozing away.  She’s covering her face in the picture because I told her it was time to go outside to potty and this is her way of telling me she’s willing to hold it a while longer for five more minutes of sleep.  Sometimes I swear that dog is more human than the rest of us.

The second picture I took was just a quick shot of the kids playing nicely together. 

100_0916

Addie loves to have little tea parties and apparently talked her brother into playing with her one afternoon.  I love the way she insists on lining all of her teacups and snacks just so.  It’s also sweet to see them enjoying playing with one another.  I’m hoping they are always able to keep that special sibling bond between them that they seem to have now.

1 comment:

Laura said...

That's sweet. I hope they are always close also. I have an older brother and we are very close. Older brothers rock!