Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Afternoons with Addison: The Costume Decision

 

Addie:  Hey, mom!  Do you know that princesses only drink tea all day?

Me:  No, I didn’t know that.  They don’t do anything else?

Addie:  Well, they have to pick out their dresses.  Then they just dance and dance and dance.

Me:  Oh!

Addie:  Doesn’t that sound boring?

Me:  Well maybe a little.  Are you sure they don’t do anything else?

Addie:  Well they have to pick out their earrings and necklaces and lip color stuff.  But that would just be so boring.  Don’t you think it would be boring mom?  Boring, boring, boring!

Me:  So do you want to be a princess?

Addie:  No!  I’m going to be a mermaid.

Guess this gives me a little insight as to why she wants to be a mermaid for Halloween this year.  We are going to attempt to make something that looks like this:

mermaid costume

Dalton wants to be a shark this year.  So we’ll attempt to make this:

Awesome Shark Costume!

The first few years we had both kids, I was able to coordinate their costumes with little protest.  Hungry Caterpillar and the beautiful butterfly then Little Red and the Big, Bad Wolf.  The last two years, they’ve gone in opposite directions.  Dinosaur (yes, this was Addie) and a Ninja Turtle then a Skeleton and Princess Belle.  This year they came up with the costumes all on their own.  I’m excited that they’ll appear to have a theme again this year. 

No comments: