Labor Day has come and gone, which means it was time for Addie and I to hit the books. We officially kicked off her year as a Pre-K student on the Tuesday, September 4th. She was super excited!
Here she is standing proud on her first day of Pre-K (homeschool edition)…
Apparently she grew about two feet over the Labor Day Holiday. I’m quite certain she wasn’t that tall on Dalton’s first day of 2nd grade. I can’t even begin to imagine what her “First Day of Kinder” pictures will look like next year. (sniff, sniff)
Our first week, we focused on getting into our new routines. We learned about the calendar…
We sang songs…
We practiced counting to 100 and gave Mrs. Caterpillar a makeover. Mrs. Caterpillar was Mr. Caterpillar until we added the bow.
We reviewed our colors in Spanish…
We also practiced reading and writing some of our sight words and word family words. Addie loves to “write”. She is constantly writing notes and letters to her friends.
All in all, we had a great first week of school. I hope the enthusiasm (both mine and hers) continues into the months to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment