Addie is quickly growing up, which can only mean one thing…..her friends are too! Most of Addie’s closest friends are girls she has met and played with at the gym over the last two years. Unfortunately, most of them are now attending Pre-K anywhere from 2-5 days a week. She quickly noticed their absence from the gym once summer was over and school was back in session. Knowing that my little social butterfly needs her daily dose of friend interaction, we quickly decided to form the Monday Lunch Bunch. We’ve decided to take advantage of the cooler fall weather and meet at a different park each week to enjoy a picnic lunch and some playtime (aka social time for us big girls). We could not have asked for a more perfect day to kick-off our lunch bunch group this week. Addie and I decided to get there a few minutes early so we could enjoy some time just to ourselves before our friends showed up. She loves playing with her friends and I enjoy the adult interaction, but it is also nice to do something with her where I am able to give her my undivided attention. Getting there early and meeting friends a little later gives us the best of both worlds!
Here is my little princess enjoying some time at the park on a beautiful day…
Here we are before our race down the slides…..she won!
I am so blessed that I am able to have this year at home with Addie before I turn her over to the influences of public school next year. I hope and pray that I am able to continue to take advantage of all the little moments like this in the upcoming year.
No comments:
Post a Comment