It was Thursday night, the boys were off at karate once again, which means Addie and I headed back into the kitchen for some Mommy-Daughter bonding time. This week’s menu: Pancakes for the freezer. I’m calling this edition the Pancake Plan mostly because pancakes are the fallback plan when I didn’t take time before my grocery shopping trip on the previous Sunday to come up with a better plan and buy the necessary supplies. I recently decided to stop buying pancake mix and try out some “homemade” recipes. After two so-so recipes, Addie and I finally found a wonderful, fluffy, homemade but easy pancake recipe. And you can never have too many pancakes in the freezer. They make such a quick and easy go-to breakfast on the mornings I don’t make time to cook eggs and bacon.
I let Addie do a lot of the measuring and mixing again this week, which means we got a little messy and I didn’t take any pictures due to messy hands during this step. I also let her take a little more active role in flipping the pancakes in the pan. She really seemed to enjoy this and listens very well on how to behave around the hot stove. She did manage to hold her hand over the pan a little too long at one point and developed a little bit of a steam burn but she didn’t even show it to me until the next day. She’s one tough little girl when it comes to getting hurt!
Here she is patiently watching the batter bubble and flipping her very first pancakes…
Of course we could not put ALL the pancakes in the freezer. We had to taste test a few to make sure they were edible
No comments:
Post a Comment