Wednesday, October 03, 2012

An End to an Era!

Well, we finally did it!  We cut the cord and sold the nursery furniture.  Granted, we have not used in in over two years but it was still a sad day in the Lacy Household.  Blake and I searched high and low almost 8 years ago to find the perfect set for our baby boy.  I knew I didn’t want a drop side crib and since they were still considered safe at that time, almost every model included one.  Here is my sweet baby boy asleep in his crib. 

6-7month-2 6-7month-3

(It might be noted that Dalton apparently didn’t sleep in his crib much.  His room doubled as Blake’s office when he was in grad school, so this was the more common scene in our house at the time.)

4-5month-2

Fast forward three years later and the nursery furniture looked great in Addison’s “girly yet not overly pink” room.

Sept08-65 Sept08-64

And then there are also the “Who’s Who?” pictures we took of the kids almost three years apart (sitting in the crib wearing the same pj’s surrounded by the same animals with my great-grandmothers handmade afghan).

6-7month-33 December08-157

Ah, the memories.  Goodbye Nursery Room Furniture.  I hope you bring the next family as many happy memories as you brought us.

100_1249

No comments: