Friday, October 12, 2012

In The Kitchen: Baked Apple Pie

We took a break from our Thursday nights in the kitchen last week since we headed out of town the following day but we were back at it again this week.  During school time, Addie and I have been trying to read some seasonal books.  One of this weeks books was Amelia Bedelia’s First Apple Pie.  Wouldn’t you know that they even included the recipe for the pie in the back of the book and we just happened to have everything on hand to make it.  Who could pass up an opportunity such as that?!?  Certainly not Addie!

Peeling the apples.  Addie loves using the fun Pampered Chef tool!  I have to admit, I have not regretted a single purchase I have made from Pampered Chef.  If you don’t have an apple peeler, it’s a must have!

100_1418

Apples peeled…check!  And the inspiration for this week’s cooking adventure…

100_1422

Mixing up the apple pie filling…

100_1424

Rolling out the crust.  This was our first homemade pie crust to make and it was quite simple to do.  I don’t think I’ll ever buy a premade crust again.

100_1426

Round 1 of pies…

100_1427 100_1429

Round 2 of pies…

100_1436 100_1438

Enjoying the fruits of our labor…

100_1440

Aren’t the little pie cups topped with a scoop of ice cream just too cute!?!

100_1442

No comments: