Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Preschool Progress: Day 18

Addie and I are still trucking along when it comes to preschool.  Some days she is more excited about doing it than other, but to be honest some days I share her feelings.  She continues to improve in all areas.  Some areas deserving of special comment lately are:

1.  Reading fluency:  We continue to read a new “easy reader” each day.  She has really learned how to recognize sentence structure (capitalization and punctuation) and uses that to increase her fluency.  She recognizes a few dozen sight words now and is able to sound out almost any other words she comes across in her books.

2.  Tracing and Cutting:  I’ve had her start tracing her own shapes to cut out.  The first few days were a little rough, but by day three she had mastered the art of tracing.  She also does very well cutting the more detailed shapes (that is when she is not in a hurry).

100_1246 100_1247

3.  Counting/Sorting/Patterns:  Addie is doing very well with her counting.  She can now count to 100 by 1’s and 10’s.  We have also started counting by 5’s.  I think she’ll have that down by next week.  We also worked on more sorting rules and identifying patterns.  She didn’t miss a single one and even picked up on some sorting rules in her workbooks that I had overlooked. 

100_1248

I may be a little biased, but I think she is one smart cookie!

No comments: