Our local YMCA hosts a group called Y Moms the first Tuesday of every month. Since Addie and I no longer have school on Tuesdays, we decided to try it out this month. (Last month, we happened to pass by the room they were gathered in and Addie was heartbroken when we couldn’t stay especially since most of her little girl friends from the gym attend.) This month’s project was to paint a pumpkin. Since we had forgotten about the playdate until the night before, we didn’t have a pumpkin to paint. I explained this to Addie that morning before we left for the gym and asked her if she still wanted to go even if she wasn’t able to paint a pumpkin. She looked up at me with the bravest face she could muster and quietly whispered yes. Being the sucker I am, I told her if we could be in the car in less than two minutes we could swing by HEB before the gym and buy a pumpkin. Needless to say, I’ve never seen her put on her shoes faster.
Proudly displaying her pumpkin..
Did you notice the HEB sticker on her hand? She didn’t want to wait around to play the Buddy Buck game (as she was worried we would be late) and settled for an HEB sticker instead. Silly girl!
Happy as a lark painting her pumpkin…
Making an spontaneous, early morning trip to HEB for this Type A momma is a big deal but well worth it to see the joy on the face of my little princess! (And I even made it with time to spare to spin class.)
No comments:
Post a Comment